Pizza Corner Diaries

I fall upon the thorns of life! I blog!

My Photo
Name:

EXPERIENCING ISSUES... WORKING ON NOW

Tuesday

Procrastination Station





"I'm a Naughty Girl"
Miss Beatrice Hart and Chorus from Daly's.
Recorded in London, 18 January 1899

I'm an imp on mischief bent,
Only feeling quite content
When doing wrong!

Sometimes when I've had the fun —
I repent of what I've done
But not for long!


(complete lyrics here)





Play Guitar

My new favourite local band that I haven't actually seen yet.




From boingboing:


Tom Verlaine, guitarist extraordinaire of NYC art-proto-punk band Television, guest DJed on the WFMU Gaylord Fileds show Sunday, and played weird mod organ and guitar music from the 50s and 60s, spy music, outer space sounds, tribal drumming from New Guinea and orchestral favorites. Anyone familiar with Verlaine's career and oeuvre will not want to miss this.

Link to RealAudio

(if the tribal drums get old skip ahead to around the 6 minute mark)




From Sonic Pollutions:

The Kinks - "Autumn Almanac"
1967, Top of the Pops
(scroll to the bottom and click almnc.mpg)

Who else but Ray Davies could have written a hit single featuring the word "Almanac"? This for me is one of his very best compositions in that its both funny and sad... its also eerily relevant to many in that it depicts how people like to stick to their habits and habitats.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blandy Snorhal said...

My favourite song that's both funny and sad is "MacArthur Park".

1:26 PM  
Blogger pizza diarist said...

My vote for funny/sad would be for pretty much any song B.A. Johnston ever wrote.

Only 10 days to go!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home