Pizza Corner Diaries

I fall upon the thorns of life! I blog!

My Photo
Name:

EXPERIENCING ISSUES... WORKING ON NOW

Saturday

Pizza Diarist Bids Adieu
to the Ecclesiastical
Gregorian Calendar

(at least until next payday)


In roughly 1582, Pope Gregory XIII proclaimed the existence of a new, more accurate calendar. This new Gregorian Calendar kicked the previous Julian Calendar's ass and swept the world faster than the bird flu. Amazingly enough, it's pretty much exactly the same calendar being used the world over today to mark the birth of Jesus.

Being an atheist means that I pretty much don't believe in any of this crap. So I guess it would be a hypocritical of me to follow a calendar that was proclaimed to exist by a Pope of all people. Which works fine for me since I really didn't want to celebrate Christmas this year anyhow.

So instead of today being December 25, 2005, it's actually December 12, 2005 based on the old Julian Calendar. But that's just too close for comfort.

According to the Mayan Long Calendar, today's date is in fact 12.19.12.16.7. That's better!

Today is day Qawl of month Masáil in the year of Hubb in the Bahá'í Calendar. But try saying that three times fast. Especially after one too many gin & tonics.

It's Excel Serial Day #38711 in the 1900 Date System still used in every PC. But since I'm soon to be a Mac user, I'd better use their 1904 Date sytem I guess. In which case it's actually day #37249. Whatever any of that means.

In Unix time value it's 1135468800. And yes. I am a geek.

Though, leave it up to the Chinese to make the best calendar. According to them it's the Year of the Chicken. How fitting.

So Santa, don't bother. I've left no cookies out for you because I've decided to be Jewish today. I'm really sorry, but it's not December 25, 2005. You're too late! It's actually 23 Kislev, 5766.

In your face, Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home