Pizza Corner Diaries

I fall upon the thorns of life! I blog!

My Photo
Name:

EXPERIENCING ISSUES... WORKING ON NOW

Monday



My grandmother's obituary ran in the local newspaper this morning and I'm the only surviving grandchild listed without a name in brackets following it.**

Paraphrasing the ending line of Shopgirl (a film containing a surprising number of quality parts, though not quite reaching a cohesive whole): I offer no excuses for falling for the parts of women and not their wholes. I do, however, accept this as a perfectly fine reason as to the lack of a name in brackets next to mine in my Grandmother's obituary.

This concept is not new to me, but Steve Martin has done me the favour of boiling down half a dozen or so issues I have with relationships into one succinct concept that strikes me as quite honest. While a week ago I probably would have ended this post with some terribly written forced metaphor relating the parts of previous girlfriends to skeleton bones, perhaps with a reference to the Bride of Frankenstein for good measure, today things are different. I'm enjoying women's wholes again. ****


** For those of you unfamiliar with obituary style, when a name in brackets appears next to a survivor of the deceased it indicates a spouse.

****
Absolutely no pun intended.

1 Comments:

Blogger World of Pandemonium said...

1) I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother. It sounds like she had a full life, which is a good thing. I think the brunches at the Wandalyn Inn (something I've been subjected to by my Bridgewater living grandparents).

2) Marriage and brackets in obits are overrated. Keep on fighting the good fight, my single brethren.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home