Pizza Corner Diaries

I fall upon the thorns of life! I blog!

My Photo
Name:

EXPERIENCING ISSUES... WORKING ON NOW

Tuesday

Pizza Corner Diaries Soundtrack

Track 1

Ink Spots - "Your Feet's Too Big"

from Swing High Swing Low

Inevitably ending up as the first track on any compilation album I give to a woman with the sole purpose of having her fall in love with me, this song reminds me of that Seinfeld episode about "man hands." Personally feet disgust me and when I'm forced to touch one it's usually quite a strain on the ol' gag reflex. But, as opposed to giving foot rubs, I could listen to this song ad nauseum.

Track 2

Cult Hero - "I Dig You"

from Seventeen Seconds

Tucked away amongst the home demos, live recordings and alternative mixes contained on disc two of The Cure's recently released and completely remastered Seventeen Seconds album are the only two tracks released by Cult Hero. A short lived side project featuring Robert Smith and his sister Janet, future Cure bandmate Simon Gallop and local postman Frank Bell on lyrics, they only ever released a 7" single containing two songs, this being the b-side. According to the NME at the time the single was nothing but "discofied studio nonsense... that should never have seen the light of day." Excuse me while I dance.



to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home