Pizza Corner Diaries

I fall upon the thorns of life! I blog!

My Photo
Name:

EXPERIENCING ISSUES... WORKING ON NOW

Tuesday

I came
I conquered
I ate too much Chinese food

or
My afternoon of ping pong and beef & broccoli with the one and only Nick W.

You would think that a racquetball court could only really be used for racquetball. Well in actual fact it turns out that if you rent one while giving the impression that your intention is to play racquetball in it, but instead you quickly wheel in a ping pong table when they're not looking and lock the doors from the inside so that no one can come in and stop you, a racquetball court can quickly become a very good ping pong court indeed.

And that's just what happened to Court #1 at Dalplex at 2:15 this afternoon. Nick W and I put on our best headbands and wrist bands, our shortest short shorts, whitest white shoes, tallest black knee high socks, and safest safety goggles, grabbed our little wooden paddles and tiny white balls, and gave'er.

And boy did we give'er. We started easy, with a few toos and fros, but quickly I pulled out a couple of my patented "In-Your-Face!-ers". Nick W.'s serves skittered across the net like water spiders on a pond, making it near impossible to return. The nice thing about a sealed racquetball court is that no one can hear you cry, which saved both of us from a certain level of embarrassment.

Word to the wise: never put two 27 year old men into a locked room with paddles and a ball and expect them to follow "rules". Rules schmulze! Frankly, I'm surprised we used the table as long as we did. It was only inevitable that at some point we would disregard it altogether and make use of the four surrounding walls. Pretty soon we were leaping and diving for shots (well, more like walking quickly and leaning over to pick up errant balls), and bellowing like men (ok, giggling like schoolgirls) as the competition heated up (that, or we were just getting tired).

When the light knocking on the door became continuous banging then changed into someone yelling for security, we decided we had had enough fun and exercise for one afternoon (more like an hour and a half) and snuck out the back door, pleased at the feeling of healthiness coursing through our veins after an afternoon of sports and recreation.

Then we went to a Chinese fast food joint and pigged out on chicken fried rice, deep fried egg rolls, fried beef and broccoli, and fried hunan chicken.

You know what? There is something to be said for a healthy lifestyle after all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Blandy Snorhal said...

I miss your ping pong table. I can't believe we promised to take it camping and then you just gave it away like that. How do you think it will feel when we take the dart board camping? Not great I bet. Not great at all.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. How could you. b

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smell a ping pong club in the works...

2:38 PM  
Blogger pizza diarist said...

That's funny, I was just thinking about starting a Chinese food club.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home