Pizza Corner Diaries

I fall upon the thorns of life! I blog!

My Photo
Name:

EXPERIENCING ISSUES... WORKING ON NOW

Tuesday


Heartbreak, Crushing Disappointment, Gut Wrenching Loneliness and Blindness Inducing Melancholia

or
Pizza Corner Christmas '05

Oh man. I could so milk this one for pity. Breaking up with my girlfriend a week before Christmas. Missing my flight because I fucked up and didn't look into the requirements to cross the border. Spending the holidays alone. I mean, come on people... This is one for the books!

And I admit it, I did a little suckling at the teat of Mrs. Pity at the start. But you know what, God works in mysterious ways. And if you removed from that sentence any reference to God, I could possibly almost agree.

I've expounded on my theories of the world ad nauseum, so I won't get into it any more than to say that to me existence is merely a pinball game, each of us a silver ball bouncing randomly off rubber bumpers. And love? Well that's just another world for "tilt," something that freezes the game if you shake the table too hard. But it will all start up again if you wait long enough. And, just as there are more fish in the sea, there are plenty of rubber bumpers on the board.

(while none of this is meant to take away from what I had, it probably goes a long way in explaining why I don't have it anymore)

So this holiday season I want to see couples breaking up. And not just because they "work better as friends." But because one of them is dying in the arms of the other on some fog shrouded cobblestone street in Paris after being shot just moments before hopping on a boat to eternal happiness.

And it's got to be subtitled.

So I've rented ten of the most melodramatic films of mid 20th century French cinema. Add to this a few bottles of the cheapest wine known to man (the one with the kangaroo on the label) and I should make it through just fine.

So from everyone here at Pizza Corner Diaries, and once again we find that means just me, have a nice holiday. Honestly. No matter where you've abandoned me to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blandy Snorhal said...

If you want a melodramtic movie, you should check out "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians". Don't let the title fool you, he may not conquer the martians. But he does. One that looks like Frank Zappa and one that is Pia Zadora!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home