Pizza Corner Diaries

I fall upon the thorns of life! I blog!

My Photo
Name:

EXPERIENCING ISSUES... WORKING ON NOW

Thursday

One Giant Step for Pizza Diarist
One Humongous Leap Forward
for Elbow Patched Kind

Elbow patches are the new tube tops. Take my word for it.

The evening starts with a stomach ulcer and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Nothing like 11 hours spent studying for an economics midterm to cause one to spit up blood. And nothing like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to... what? Realize what a sad and sorry life one lives?

After what I assume is either a complete and utter failure or a pass by the skin of my teeth, I head to the campus pub to toast my mediocrity.

I take off my chesterfield. And there she was. Standing beside me like she wanted to get by. Which tends to be the only reason why an attractive women would ever stand beside me. So I apologize and stand to the side but she doesn't move. Instead she compliments me on my cardigan. I roll my eyes and sarcastically say it was the only thing that was clean. But instead of using that as an out, she cups my elbow patch and indicates her appreciation for all things defective that are covered by circular strips of suede. I blush. I stammer. I stare at my feet and take my seat.

Meanwhile I imagine what our children would look like.

The bad luck of potentially failing out of my program changes when I see a hand made poster scotch taped to the wall beside me advertising that members of Gypsophilia would be playing that evening as part of a fundraiser. The next hour is spent trying my best to follow what my classmates are talking to me about while making occasional eye contact with The Cardigan Appreciater and keeping my eye out for my friends in the band. You can just guess where my priorities lied.

To make a long story short (because i'm drunk and tired), I take the advice of a previous post and do exactly what I normally wouldn't. I strike up a conversation. And, by golly, it works. We chat. We chat. We smoke. We chat. And in my left hand pants pocket rests a strip of a Pogue Fado ad with a phone number scrawled on it.

4 Comments:

Blogger World of Pandemonium said...

Score one for the Night Rider (no "K")!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

always do the opposite. nice one.

bish from londontown.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Blandy Snorhal said...

When I do the opposite of what I think I should do, I get stalked.

6:00 PM  
Blogger pizza diarist said...

Oh, Bish. You're already typing with an accent. How cute.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home